About Oakland, CA
The Sunny Side of the Bay. Oak Town. A Foodie Haven. Brooklyn by the Bay.
Just across the Bay from San Francisco lies a land of hipsters and hip hop, artists and entrepreneurs, award-winning chefs and CEOs. This is Oakland, California. Oakland is home to a thriving downtown, peaceful rolling hills, waterfront attractions, and some of the best dining in the Bay Area.
Our Oakland Convention Center is conveniently located near many of the Bay Area's iconic sites including Jack London Square, Chinatown, the Oakland Museum of California, Lake Merritt's Lakeside Park, and the bustling Oakland City Center.
Looking to catch a show? The Oakland Convention Center is in close proximity to Oakland's East Bay Symphony, Paramount Theatre,and the newly-renovated Fox Theater as well as a variety of others. Oakland offers an array of cultural institutions around every corner, so you will never be short on things to do when visiting!
Dining in Oakland
Oakland, California is a foodie's paradise with loads of great local restaurants. Whether you have a hankering for something specific or are looking to step outside of your culinary comfort zone, Oakland has it all!
Dining options include: Vegetarian, Asian Fusion, Cajun, Italian, French, Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Peruvian, Ethiopian, American, and so much more.
Tantalize your taste buds and dine on the best Oakland has to offer during your next trip!
Getting Around Oakland
Looking for an easy way to get around the Bay Area? Use the BART! The Bay Area Rapid Transit is a convenient and affordable way to travel around the city. The Oakland Convention Center is a mere 3 minute walk from the nearest BART station.
- Head southeast on 10th Street toward Broadway
- Turn left on Broadway
- The BART station will be on your left
- Purchase a ticket at one of the kiosks or with an attendant and enjoy a day by the bay!
- Averaging 260 sunny days a year, Oakland is ranked #1 in climate among U.S. cities.
- Oakland has more than 50 distinct neighborhoods and is the most ethnically diverse city in the U.S. with more than 125 different languages spoken in the city.
- This is the only city in the world with a natural saltwater lake, Lake Merritt, wholly contained within city boundaries.
- Oakland is home to more than 80 parks, 50 locations in the National Register of Historic Places and over 300 restaurants serving a variety of cuisine.
- Visitors don't need to leave the city to hike amongst the Redwoods - Redwood Regional Park is just a few miles from downtown Oakland.